Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro facing multiple problem

Hi,

My mbp(13 inch early 2011) has been giving me some strange problem.

initially it would stuck at the bluescreen when starting up. i did reinstall of my snowleopard. it happened twice in 2-3 months already. last time i reinstall my snowleopard was 2 weeks ago.

currently my mbp would just shut down when it is not plug in the magsafe. it would happen randomly, regardless of the battery percentage.

another issue is that sometimes i would have to reset the clock and my wifi password when i boot up the laptop.

i just reset both the nvram and smc. but i still experience the mentioned problems.

any suggestions on whats wrong and how to fix it?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.6.7), null

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 8:12 AM

1 reply

Jul 5, 2015 10:52 AM in response to zobrak

Having to reset the clock (date and time?) suggests that there was an electrical disconnect that results in setting the default value. A visit to the Apple store genius bar is a good option.

I would also check the health of the HDD using the Snow Leopard Install disk.

Boot the MBP with the disk and after the language selection, the next display should have a menu bar on top.

Select UTILITIES.

From the drop down menu, click on Disk Utility.

Run Disk Utility>First Aid, Verify and Repair.

If the disk cannot be repaired, it will have to be replaced.

Ciao.

macbook pro facing multiple problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.