Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Strange Apple ID appearing after restoring new iPhone 6 from my iCloud backup. How can I get rid of the annoying prompts ?

I restored my new iPhone 6 from ab iCloud backup. After successfully restoring backup a new Apple ID was appearing promoting me to enter Password. I have never seen this Apple ID in my life! I signed out of my Apple ID and inserted pw again but did not solve problem. How can I get rid of the annoying strange Apple ID prompts ?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 9:10 AM

1 reply

Jul 7, 2015 9:45 AM in response to ContessaV

Hey there ContessaV,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

From what I gather, your iPhone 6 Plus is requiring you to enter unfamiliar Apple ID information before you can activate and use the device. The article linked below provides a lot of great information about Activation Lock which should help you resolve the issue.

Find My iPhone Activation Lock: Removing a device from a previous owner’s account - Apple Support

Ciao,

-Jason

Strange Apple ID appearing after restoring new iPhone 6 from my iCloud backup. How can I get rid of the annoying prompts ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.