Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you get videos from Photos into iMovie?

I would like to make a project on iMovie using some videos I filmed on my iPhone - those are on my MacBook in Photos. However, i cannot seem to work out how to do this.

I've tried several ways and they all seem impossible.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 10:21 AM

6 replies

May 27, 2016 11:46 AM in response to Pierre Terrien

Glad you got it sorted out. Something strange is happening though. Your iPhone video is a Quicktime movie (.mov) encoded as H264 with AAC audio. Photos doesn't change that and that format is compatible with iMovie, so it should import just fine into iMovie. Works that way for me. What do you mean when you say you converted it to Quicktime. It should have already been a .mov from your phone? Any way food for thought for future reference.

May 27, 2016 12:13 PM in response to Jim Wanamaker

Jim, I can only be more confused than you but I just realized my mistake. iMovie won't import from photos directly so I did the drag and drop routine. The file did not appear on my desktop so I shared the file to my iCloud library and then exported it to my desktop. And then behold, both files were on my desktop. I just had not been patient enough in the first place. Thanks for your help and have a nice weekend.

How do you get videos from Photos into iMovie?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.