Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth connection & pairing problems (BT headsets & speakers)

I am having issues using my Bluetooth-headset (Philips Fidelio M2BTBK) and other Bluetooth-devices (e.g. speakers). I can't remember when this problem started, but it's been going on for at least a couple of months now. As it's been working fine before I assume that it might be a problem that have occurred because of an update.

What happens is that if I pair a device for the first time (or re-pair) it works smoothly until I turn either of the devices or the Bluetooth on my MacBook off. When I want to use my headset or speakers again later, I turn it back on. Sometimes it connects instantly and sometimes I have to manually click connect. It usually connects up after a few seconds, and both the device and my MacBook indicates that it is connected and paired. When I then try to listen to any music or start watching a video (in e.g. Firefox, Spotify, VLC..) there is no sound transmitted. Then the Bluetooth panel/settings and any software currently playing freezes for maybe 5-10 seconds until the Bluetooth-device disconnects.

The only way around this that I've found is to remove the device from the Bluetooth-menu and re-pair the device every time I want to use it. I can pair either of my Bluetooth-devices to my iPhone 5s and it will work as it should. I can turn it on and off again and it won't be a problem. But with my MacBook Pro, or my iMac at work, it's a pain to use any Bluetooth-device.

Any thoughts?

MacBook Pro Specifications:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

OS X Yosemite v.10.10.4

2,5 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

& NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

Bluetooth version: 4.3.5f8 (LMP 0x6)

Bluetooth headset details: Philips Fidelio M2BT

Address: 0C-A6-94-54-D9-F6

Major Type: Audio

Minor Type: Headset

Services: Headset, Hands-Free unit

Paired: Yes

Configured: Yes

Connected: No

Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio (0x6, 0x21C8)

Class of Device: 0x04 0x01 0x240404

EDR Supported: Yes

eSCO Supported: Yes

SSP Supported: Yes

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 8.4, null

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 8:57 AM

There are no replies.

Bluetooth connection & pairing problems (BT headsets & speakers)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.