Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help please

Hello guys, I am new to Mac’s and any apple product.I recently bought(30th June) a macbook Air 2015. Well i noticed some problems, i want to confirm that if these are defects or not. The nearest apple service centre is a far away from my home, and going there and getting my laptop checked will take a whole day.

The first problem is that the screen is not uniformly lit.There is a dark shadow at the bottom of the screen. At the same time the lower part of the screen and the left side is less bright compared to the top and right side.

The second problem is that the left speaker is weaker than the right.Whenever I play any music the sound appears to come from the right hand side.

The third problem is that keyboard buttons of the left side are harder to press than the right side.

I did a bit of googling and found out that the screen problem was normal with previous version of macbook airs.

It would be very kind if anyone can tell me if these conditions are normal. Or should I take a day off and take my laptop to a apple repair shop.

The screen problem is normally not noticeable,its just that whenever i notice i go crazy over as considering the price I paid for the laptop.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.0.x)

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 9:03 AM

2 replies

Jul 7, 2015 2:53 AM in response to dominic23

Thank you for your reply

But unfortunately I live in India, and apple does not have 14 day replacement in India.

I called up apple care and they asked me to do a PRAM and SMC reset, but these steps did not fix the problem.

So it looks like i will have to stick with the present mac.

But thank you for your reply.

If anyone suffers from the same problems as mine, especially the screen problem , then please let me know.If so then I will know that its a common problem, and wont have to spend time going to apple service centre.

Help please

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.