Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photo albums missing after ios update

Updated my iphone 6 plus except it is now minus about 75-100 photo albums that were there before the upgrade.

Poking around in the photos app and selecting photos and then collections it looks like there are more there than listed in the normal view but still looks like some are not there.

When in itunes (which was updated but showing the same as before), with photos selected from the nav pane on the right it shows what I presume to be all my pics, 3744 tallied and selected to sync, all folders....

So why is it not displaying properly?

ios upgrades are supposed to add features but they ALWAYS seem to screw stuff up....I broke my own rule of not upgrading if there wasn't an issue....well, I got what I was looking for I guess

Anyone have any way to cure this issue?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 8:45 AM

1 reply

Jul 7, 2015 7:49 AM in response to fnios

so how is this for a solution....rename the folders that are on the computer you back up your photos to....I simply renamed one and saw it was sycing and showing up as it should, then went in and added a hyphen to the end of all folder (album) names on the computer, synced, they all showed up now...went back in and removed all the hyphens, synced again....now everything seems to be back to normal....

I don't like this new feature apple.....

photo albums missing after ios update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.