Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disassociate apple ID with iMac

I have an iMac that has had the same appel ID for years. I no longer want this email associated with my account. The account I am using now, is the one I would like to have on the iMac. How can I make this happen? Is is possible to remove the old (existing) apple ID and use a new one (this one)? If so, how can I do this? I am not very familiar with apple, so keep that in mind. Specific details would be appreciated! Also, getting rid of this email will not be an issue, as I do not purchase anything from the store.

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 9:30 AM

1 reply

Jul 6, 2015 7:47 AM in response to MichaelA1981

More information would help. What version of the OS are you running?

If you didn't purchase anything in the iTunes Store or the App Store, there is nothing to stop you from signing out of both and then signing in with your new Apple ID. If you are using 10.6, there should be no other places to be concerned about. If you are using 10.7 and above, you'll also need to sign out of iCloud in System Preferences (if you are using it) and sign in using your new ID, but before doing that make a backup to ensure you don't lose any data.

Disassociate apple ID with iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.