Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Folder on iCloud Drive is Gone

HI,

A folder with lots of vacation photo's is gone missing from my iCloud drive. I cannot remember deleting that folder and deleting it should be very weird (because those were precious photo's). The whole reason we put those photo's on iCloud was not risking losing them.

Is it possible to retrieve those photo's from Apple's servers or are they gone forever?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 8:56 AM

10 replies

Jul 9, 2015 11:57 AM in response to Meltingmint

I wonder if any of those photos might have gotten uploaded to the photo library by iCloud. If so I know they have a recently deleted folder on iphone in Photos to see if they can be brought back. Maybe even local trash or Pictures folder but Im sure you already tried that.

Yeah, sorry the recovery of recover documents didn't get the photos back.

Jul 10, 2015 12:21 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Unfortunately there were no other macs the folder was synced to. We were on vacation and the MacBook we used was the only one running. The vacation is also a little more than 30 days ago. I checked Time Machine on the iCloud folder, but to no avail.

I think we probably made a mistake and deleted the folder and there are no backups or other ways to retrieve them.

Folder on iCloud Drive is Gone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.