Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps to reduce blue light at night

There is more data coming out all the time about blue light inhibiting melatonin and affecting sleep. I can use f.lux on my Mac but just want to check--the closest topic to this I found in the forums has had very few posts over four years--unless I want to add carrying some kind of filter (over glasses or over screen) to my daily routine, is there any other way to globally adjust the light spectrum emitted from my iPad & iPhone at night? I see several apps to darken browsers, and already use sepia background for my reader apps, but is there anything that can adjust the lights to redder at night, and back to whiter/bluer during the day?

Ideally a simple slider light the bright/dark control would be available to do this.

Guessing the answer is no, I'm sending feedback to Apple. It would likely be a very simple thing to implement, and if enough of us request the same thing, maybe we can get it done. Android can already do it.

iPad, iOS 7.1, iPad3

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 10:25 AM

1 reply

Apps to reduce blue light at night

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.