Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot find file after exporting on iMovie

When using iMovie, I keep trying to export my film via the "export movie" option. It usually takes around 12 hours because the project is 2 hours long and I have been trying to export it in the highest quality, 1080p. After it supposedly finishes exporting, I cannot find the file anywhere on my computer, but I know something must have been created because I was down 18GB of storage, which is the amount of space iMovie said it would take up. I tried searching for it on finder and in spotlight, as well as using advanced search options in finder to see if I could find it by the size of the file. I restarted my computer to see if that would work. Once I turned my computer back on, I could still not find it and I noticed I had gained back the 18GB worth of storage. This is has now happened twice and I have no idea why this happening. In case tis helps, I am using a Macbook Pro operating with Yosemite, and it was purchased in 2011. Any help help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Purchased in 2011

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 10:19 AM

There are no replies.

Cannot find file after exporting on iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.