Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water spill/MacBook Pro/battery damage

ysstersay, I was walking with my laptop and a my waterbottle lid popped off probably about 2/3 ounces of water got on the just the bottom of the laptop. By looking it didn't appear that any water got in the vents but I put a fan on it and didn't open it for about a day. Then today, I opened it and it seemed to be working fine. I saw that there was a service battery notification which I hadn't noticed before.it stated that the battery was functioning normally but not as well as initlly and that a battery replacement may be needed soon (this very well could have been there before the water spillage, I have noticed my battery not lasting as long as initially). Then I ran the apple diagnostics and only the battery functioning but not as its highest potential was mentioned. as I continue using he computer it seemed that the screen was a little shaky so I immediately shut down and placed in front of the fan again. I'm scared that I was too quick to ccheck and that ir started to worsen as I used it. What should I do now?

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 11:10 AM

1 reply

Water spill/MacBook Pro/battery damage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.