Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are songs previously downloaded from my CDs into ITunes no longer on my device?!

i have downloaded thousands of songs from CDs into iTunes and they are no longer on my iPhone. It appears that they are on the cloud but I cannot access them while off line. Do I have to manually download everything? This must be related to the Music roll out but seems odd to have messed up CD music that I used iTunes to manage.

iPhone 6

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 9:50 AM

2 replies

Jul 7, 2015 10:39 AM in response to KDFD

Hi KDFD,

I see that you have some questions about songs that were already in your library when you updated to Apple Music. These songs were instantly uploaded to Apple Music when you first joined Apple Music, as noted in this article:

Add music from your own collection to your Apple Music library - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204925

If you would like to be able to access these songs from your phone offline, this article will help you save those songs:

Add music from the Apple Music catalog to your library - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204839

Thanks for being a part of the Apple Support Communities!

Regards,

Braden

Jul 7, 2015 10:57 AM in response to braden85

Braden,

Thank you so much for replying. I really appreciate it. I will review these articles, but I am really confused because I have not signed up for Apple Music, nor downloaded the software update, nor even signed into iTunes to have to accept the new terms and conditions. I have been traveling internationally since last week with infrequent wifi which is why the absence of my music on my phone has been problematic. I just discovered that I have been able to access my music on my iPad as it all appears to be there. In contrast, on my iPhone, I have a prompt to download my CD music from the cloud. This seems very strange to have two different devices act In a different manner. Moreover, I'm concerned that any changes have occurred when I haven't signed up or downloaded the new software. Any ideas on why this has occurred And how I can fix it?

MAny thanks for any advice.

Why are songs previously downloaded from my CDs into ITunes no longer on my device?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.