Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to prevent itunes autoplay when phone plugged into PC

My phone software was updated recently, since then it is a pain in the ***! It doesn't like the USB to iphone cable that came with the phone (5s), says it is not authorized, it takes a few tries before it will start charging. Also when I do plug it into my laptop, iTunes starts, I do not want this. How do I turn off iTunes autoplay? And why all of the sudden does my phone not 'like' the cable that came with it?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 9:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 10:29 AM

Hello douglasfrommemphis,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you do not want iTunes to launch when your iPhone is connected to your Windows computer. To change this behavior, please follow the steps located in the attached article below.

iTunes 12 for Windows: Sync iPod, iPhone, or iPad

By default, iTunes syncs your device whenever you connect it to your computer. If you want to have iTunes ask you before syncing, do one of the following:

• Require a prompt before syncing this device: Click Summary, then deselect “Open iTunes when this [device] is connected.”

• Require a prompt before syncing all devices: Choose Edit > Preferences, click Devices, and select “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically.”

For the charging issue, I understand that sometimes you receive an alert that charging is not supported with the cable you are using. For more information on this alert, please read over the information in the next attached article.

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you see an alert

When you plug in your device, you might see one of these alerts:

• “This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iPhone.”
  • “This accessory is not supported by this device.”

If you see one of these alerts, unplug your device try and these steps:

1. Look at the connector at the bottom of your device and make sure it’s free of debris, then reconnect the USB cable.
  2. If you still see an alert, try a different USB cable or charger.

Get more help

If your device still doesn't charge or you still see an alert after trying the steps above, contact Apple Support.

Have a great day,

Joe

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2015 10:29 AM in response to douglasfrommemphis

Hello douglasfrommemphis,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you do not want iTunes to launch when your iPhone is connected to your Windows computer. To change this behavior, please follow the steps located in the attached article below.

iTunes 12 for Windows: Sync iPod, iPhone, or iPad

By default, iTunes syncs your device whenever you connect it to your computer. If you want to have iTunes ask you before syncing, do one of the following:

• Require a prompt before syncing this device: Click Summary, then deselect “Open iTunes when this [device] is connected.”

• Require a prompt before syncing all devices: Choose Edit > Preferences, click Devices, and select “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically.”

For the charging issue, I understand that sometimes you receive an alert that charging is not supported with the cable you are using. For more information on this alert, please read over the information in the next attached article.

If you can’t charge your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If you see an alert

When you plug in your device, you might see one of these alerts:

• “This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iPhone.”
  • “This accessory is not supported by this device.”

If you see one of these alerts, unplug your device try and these steps:

1. Look at the connector at the bottom of your device and make sure it’s free of debris, then reconnect the USB cable.
  2. If you still see an alert, try a different USB cable or charger.

Get more help

If your device still doesn't charge or you still see an alert after trying the steps above, contact Apple Support.

Have a great day,

Joe

how to prevent itunes autoplay when phone plugged into PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.