Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

default to bottom of screen

Is there a way to change some setting or preference in Mac OS X Mavericks (or is there an app to do this) so that windows default to opening at the bottom of the screen rather than at the top?

Admittedly my monitor is really large and slightly too high on the desk, but it's what it is for various reasons (it's a music desk with keyboard which has to be at a certain height). If I keep looking up all day it's too hard on my neck. But I get sick of manually moving windows and alerts all the time.

Spectacle app kind of does what I want with one keystroke except it moves the window AND opens it to full screen width which is not what I want. I just want to move windows to the bottom of the screen, keeping the size as is.

Thanks for any advice.

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 10:01 AM

1 reply

default to bottom of screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.