Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased and downloaded song from Amazon not showing up in iTunes

I purchased and downloaded song from Amazon and it is not showing up in iTunes although Amazon Music player says the song download into iTunes was successful. I have tried this repeatedly and it is still not showing up. My version of iTunes is current. I tried restarting the computer, still no song. My default preference in the Amazon Music app says downloads go to iTunes. I talked to Amazon and they suggested the problem is not on their side but Apple's. I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions? This is on a Macbook Pro running Yosemite. Thanks.

MacBook Pro (17-inch Mid 2010), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 12:23 PM

You should be able to find the song file on your computer and drag it into iTunes manually. (Just do a Spotlight search if you need to.)

This Amazon feature that automatically adds new music to iTunes has always been a little erratic for me, so I've just switched it off. Drag-and-drop is pretty straightforward and it always works.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2015 12:23 PM in response to ntfromjuneau

You should be able to find the song file on your computer and drag it into iTunes manually. (Just do a Spotlight search if you need to.)

This Amazon feature that automatically adds new music to iTunes has always been a little erratic for me, so I've just switched it off. Drag-and-drop is pretty straightforward and it always works.

Purchased and downloaded song from Amazon not showing up in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.