Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bridge a Westell VersaLink 327W router/modem combo to Time Capsule

How do you bridge a Westell VersaLink 327W router/modem combo from bellsouth or at&t to work with the Time Capsule? I want the time capsule as my primary router. No google search has helped me. Maybe someone can thanks!

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 11:44 AM

3 replies

Jul 5, 2015 12:07 PM in response to RGOIV

How do you bridge a Westell VersaLink 327W router/modem combo

It is possible, but also highly unlikely that a user here on an Apple support forum will be able to answer a question about changing the configuration of a Westell product. Your best bet on that question would be to ask BellSouth or ATT about this, since they likely provided the product to you.

This is what I could find out about your Westell 327W device:

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/bellsouth/3.141_Westell_327W__wireless__Info#13772

I do not see an option to configure the modem/router in "bridge mode" or "pure modem mode", so before you do anything, your first call should be to BellSouth or ATT to find out......

IF.....it is even possible to setup the Westell in bridge mode or modem mode?

IF.....it is.....will your provider help you with this?

AND........will they also provide support for this type of configuration?

No sense in even continuing at this point unless the answer to each of your questions from your provider is a solid "Yes".

Once you have answers to your questions, and you have configured the Westell in bridge mode or modem mode, post back and we will tell you how to set up the Time Capsule.

We will need to know what operating system that you are running on your Mac or PC in order to provide step by step instructions.

Jul 5, 2015 2:22 PM in response to RGOIV

Just to add onto Bob's comment.. when people ask that sort of question here.. the modems supplied by ISP are often locked so end user cannot change the settings.. eg bridge.. and the ISP are unhelpful.. the simple way around the problem is just go and buy your own modem.. they are cheap as now.. A standard TP-Link is about $40 and they bridge with a simple selection of bridge during setup..

It is much the easier way around the problem iMHO.

Bridge a Westell VersaLink 327W router/modem combo to Time Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.