Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I import videos into iMovie from iCloud?

iMovie help describes how to import movie from an iPhone, camera and an iPad. All of my videos have been transferred to iCloud. Is it possible to import videos to iMovie from iCloud? If so, how? Is there documentation that describes how to do so? If so, how do I get it?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 11:59 AM

1 reply

Jul 7, 2015 12:20 PM in response to S-Morgan

Hello S-Morgan,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you would like to download a project from iMovie Theater into iMovie on a different computer than it was created on. There are two steps you will need to work through to complete this process.

First, in iMovie Theater on the Mac, use the Share button to create a QuickTime file of that project and save it to your Mac. This process is located in the first link attached below.

Share from iMovie Theater - iMovie Help

Once that QuickTime file has been created, you can import that file into iMovie on the Mac by using the instructions in the next attached link.

Import media from your Mac - iMovie Help

Have a great day,

Joe

How do I import videos into iMovie from iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.