Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Purchased a song with my iPhone 5 now I can't add the song to my play list. Song has been downloaded. Never had this problem.

I just purchased a song last night with my iPhone 5 in the App Store. I am unable to move that song to my playlist. I did check that it was downloaded which it is. My husband is also having the exact same problem with a song he purchased last week. TIA

iPhone 5

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 11:21 AM

1 reply

Jul 7, 2015 11:33 AM in response to Foxc3

Hi there Foxc3,

It sounds like for some reason you are unable to add a purchased song from your music colllection to a playlist. I would start by quitting all the running apps on the phone:

Force an app to close in iOS

1. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps.

2. Swipe left to find the app you want to close.

3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

This should refresh the Music app to allow you to be able to add the song to your playlist as long as it is not a smart playlist which adds content to itself based on criteria you set when you created the playlist.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

Purchased a song with my iPhone 5 now I can't add the song to my play list. Song has been downloaded. Never had this problem.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.