Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BCM94331PCIEBT4CAX is 802.11?

I updated my MacbookPro8,2 early 2011 to have Bluetooth 4.0 by doing a direct swap of the airport card with a BCM94331PCIEBT4CAX from a 2012 MacBook Pro and running. But I can't seem to find out what wireless protocol it is: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ or ac.

Airport Extreme 802.11ac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 12:43 PM

if you option click on your wifi icon at the top of the screen, it'll tell you what wireless protocol your network is. As for what the card supports, go to the Apple symbol at the top left of your screen, click on "About this Mac" then "system Report" or "More info"and your card should be listed there if it' s working OK

(It's under Wifi) and it'll tell you its name and what it supports, same with Bluetooth

JB

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2015 12:43 PM in response to GabeGonzalez

if you option click on your wifi icon at the top of the screen, it'll tell you what wireless protocol your network is. As for what the card supports, go to the Apple symbol at the top left of your screen, click on "About this Mac" then "system Report" or "More info"and your card should be listed there if it' s working OK

(It's under Wifi) and it'll tell you its name and what it supports, same with Bluetooth

JB

BCM94331PCIEBT4CAX is 802.11?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.