Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DNS Services Yosemite Server 4.1.3

Dear All,

Im really lost, i have set up the DNS on the server side with the following options

Primary Zone : domainname.com

boeing.domainname.com - machine record pointing to mail local IP address (Machine name is boeing)

boeing.domainname.com NS record

mail.domainname.com MX record

Reverse is pointing to internal Network main boeing.domainname.com

NOTE Boeing is the machine name (Running Yosemite 10.10.4 and server 4.1.3 (Build 14S1127)

Now i have running MAIL, Calander, VPN, WEBSITES,Wiki, Open directory . All except mail work externaly, but not internaly and mail can send outside. I do recieve mail strangly.

In reachability on the server I see Calander, DNS, SSH. Screensharing, Web Admin, Website and Wiki that they are seen externaly by Apple. My public hostname is also boeing.domainname.com, it shows this. But no Mail

The external IP address is supplyed via static IP from the Provider that goes to the Fritz box router, that serves the DHCP internaly. But it has one DMX rule to 192.168.178.2 (This is the internal MAC OSX server) the DNS lookups are forwarded to the Fritzbox and the external provider's DNS

Any help or anybody that can save the day? I know im a noob but my family depends on the NOOB 🙂 Im just lost in what im doing wrong.

Cheers

Mke

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), Mac OSX Server 4.1.3 (Latest ver)

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 3:42 AM

Hi,

You need to edit your domain with your hostingprovider en setup those DNS settings for the correct route.

The local server knows where to deliver mail, but the outside does not know this.

Change the mx record of your domain to point to your WAN IP address of your internet connection.

Then disable the DMZ and use port forwarding for better protection of your local server.

The ports needed for email to work correctly are described here:

TCP and UDP ports used by Apple software products - Apple Support

At least port 25, 587 (SMTP) and 143, 993 (IMAP) need to point to your internal server.

Goodluck

Jeffrey

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2015 3:42 AM in response to polarair

Hi,

You need to edit your domain with your hostingprovider en setup those DNS settings for the correct route.

The local server knows where to deliver mail, but the outside does not know this.

Change the mx record of your domain to point to your WAN IP address of your internet connection.

Then disable the DMZ and use port forwarding for better protection of your local server.

The ports needed for email to work correctly are described here:

TCP and UDP ports used by Apple software products - Apple Support

At least port 25, 587 (SMTP) and 143, 993 (IMAP) need to point to your internal server.

Goodluck

Jeffrey

DNS Services Yosemite Server 4.1.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.