Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad will not connect by Bluetooth to my TV. Both devices are in discoverable mode

IOs 8.4. iPad 3rd generation . Sony android TV

i am trying to connect my iPad to my Sony android TV using Bluetooth. iPad is in discoverable mode and TV keeps searching but to no avail.

i Have successfully linked my phone and keyboard to the same TV.

please help.

iPad, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 11:39 AM

Hey there golfergrim,

It sounds like you can conenct your iPhone to your TV but not your iPad. I was looking at the Sony support site and I am only seeing that iPhones are compatible with bluetooth connections:

Sony eSupport - Compatibility list for Apple® devices sold in the U.S. and Canada

Although if you wish to continue troubleshooting the bluetooth between the TV and the iPad, you can use this article to help with that:

Get help connecting a Bluetooth accessory with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2015 11:39 AM in response to Golfergrim

Hey there golfergrim,

It sounds like you can conenct your iPhone to your TV but not your iPad. I was looking at the Sony support site and I am only seeing that iPhones are compatible with bluetooth connections:

Sony eSupport - Compatibility list for Apple® devices sold in the U.S. and Canada

Although if you wish to continue troubleshooting the bluetooth between the TV and the iPad, you can use this article to help with that:

Get help connecting a Bluetooth accessory with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

My iPad will not connect by Bluetooth to my TV. Both devices are in discoverable mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.