Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 replicating photos

My Iphone 6+ 8.3 downloaded a photo from viber. Since then it has steadily been replicating in my Iphone.

Once i had to delete 600+ of that one same photo. Even if i manually delete the photos from phone memory, they keep coming back.

I figured this might be a problem with apple cloud storage so i disabled cloud storage on both my phone and mac desktop.

Upgraded to 8.4 two days ago but Unfortunately this problem still keeps recurring.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2015 11:15 AM

Hi James Del Rosario,

It sounds like images you download from Viber seem to be duplicating themselves in your Photos app. I would start by quitting all the running apps on the phone:

Force an app to close in iOS

1. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps.

2. Swipe left to find the app you want to close.

3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

If it persists I would delete the app, then re install it to see if the issue persists or if that resolves it:

Delete music, movies, podcasts, and other content from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch

Delete an app

Remove an app using the steps below:

1. Tap and hold on the app until it jiggles.
  2. Tap the X in the upper-left corner to delete.
    You might be asked to confirm that you want to delete the app. If you see a pop-up that says, "Deleting [app name] will also delete all of its data," tap Delete.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2015 11:15 AM in response to james_del_rosario

Hi James Del Rosario,

It sounds like images you download from Viber seem to be duplicating themselves in your Photos app. I would start by quitting all the running apps on the phone:

Force an app to close in iOS

1. Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps.

2. Swipe left to find the app you want to close.

3. Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

When you have done that restart the device and test the issue again:

iOS: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

If it persists I would delete the app, then re install it to see if the issue persists or if that resolves it:

Delete music, movies, podcasts, and other content from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch

Delete an app

Remove an app using the steps below:

1. Tap and hold on the app until it jiggles.
  2. Tap the X in the upper-left corner to delete.
    You might be asked to confirm that you want to delete the app. If you see a pop-up that says, "Deleting [app name] will also delete all of its data," tap Delete.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

Jul 7, 2015 11:39 AM in response to sterling r

Hi Sterling,

Thanks for your response. I have been duplicate free for over a day now and i believe it would be ok now to share what ive learned.

Closing the apps and Restarting the phone doesn't work that im sure. Here's what i think was happening. For some reason or another, something in that one image tricked the the iphone into thinking that it never downloaded the image from the chat conversation. hence, it would go back to that image and keep downloading it.

Solution: I cleared viber message history. That seemed to do the trick.

While i cannot confirm uninstalling the program and reinstalling would have fixed my problem, it's safe to assume that your solution would have worked as well since it would have cleared my chat history.

Iphone 6 replicating photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.