Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

chronic incorrect wifi password error

My daughter recently returned from vacation and had her iphone stolen while out of country. A friend of hers recently got an iphone 6 and gave my daughter her old iphone 5 to use. They went to the AT&T store yesterday to replace the SIM in the iphone 5 and got it going where my daughter could use the phone and text okay but it will not connect to either of our wifi systems. I've tried resetting network connections numerous times, resetting the phone, and even tried manually entering specs for our routers in the iphone network settings. Nothing seems to work.

I have taken another albeit, working iphone 5 and reset network connections on it, then re-established connections just to be sure I could do it okay in an effort to rule out anything but the iphone 5 in question and I have to wonder if it's either related to the software version (the phone that connects fine is using 7.1.2 - the one that is not is using ios 8.1.2 OR perhaps something to do with the SIM card that AT&T put into the phone.

Any ideas?

TIA

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 12:17 PM

1 reply

Jul 5, 2015 2:47 PM in response to C0VER

Unfortunately I've found the same problem on a couple of iPhones I've had and the only way I've been able to get around it was by removing the password from my wifi network which is obviously far from ideal as it leaves my network unsecured , but for some reason certain iphones just refuse to connect to Wifi networks with a password and just keep insisting the password has been entered incorrectly when it definitely hasn't. I currently have 2 iPhones and one is able to connect to work fine, the other will only connect to wifi networks with no password 😟

chronic incorrect wifi password error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.