Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

8.4 ruined my audiobooks using. EXPLAIN!

Before iOS 8.4 I was using Music app to listen to my audiobooks. AND I WAS PERFECTLY FINE WITH THAT.

I had some Russian audiobooks on CDs. I copied them to my Mac, bound them into single m4b files with AudioBookFinder and organized them on iTunes, so I could sync them to my iPhone. And then 8.4 happened and forced them into iBooks out of Music. And now I cannot see my audiobooks as m4b files!!!

Let me explain:

User uploaded file

Here you can see one of my audiobooks. I bound it as 11 separate m4b files because those are 11 separate stories. They are still organized under one title/album to keep everything in order.

Back then I used Music app, I could see them the way I see them in i Tunes: 11 long tracks.

Now, with 8.4 and compulsory utilization of iBooks as only mean to listen to audiobooks, whenever I want to choose one of those files, I get this lovely image straight to my face from my iPhone:

User uploaded file

WHAT. THE ACTUAL. HAY?! How am I supposed to remember which story starts from what track?! Why IN THE HOLY NAME OF HAY I can't see the m4b files?!

How do I set up iBooks so I could get my m4b tracks back instead of "Track 1,..."?

If the answer is "You don't, cause you can't", then this update is officially a failure!

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 11:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 12:21 PM

I Have the Same Problems too!

TRy the App 'Book mower', it helps quickly out of your Troubles, although its handling is rather complicated!

Forget that Apple will help you (See to iTunes)

4 replies

Jul 6, 2015 1:41 PM in response to RaxGhost

I had this same question too and finally figured it out. The Audiobooks that were once found in the Music App of your iPhone, at least, are now found in the ibooks app. When you open the app it will say "Books" in the top line, press that and select Audiobooks. I found all of the ones that I had on my phone in there. Not sure about iPad, touch, etc but thats the way to do it for the iPhone.

8.4 ruined my audiobooks using. EXPLAIN!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.