Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to download photos from icloud to a folder keeping the date it was taken?

Hi all,

I am writing to you as i need help. I used to copy the photos taken from my iphone using an app "image capture" native in mac. It was easy to copy them (including videos) and then they will automatically sort by the date of the day i took them.

I am now using new ios 8 and icloud storing for photos. I also have the option of keeping photos in small size in case space is needed on the phone.

I have a copy of my photos in icloud, but when i try to download them, the date i get for creation of the picture is the date of downloading. I only want the download to keep the date the photo was taken. Do you know if this is possible? In icloud the date shown and time are correct, but then when downloading it suddenly changes to the date to the date i downloaded it.

If i copy them from Photos then the date shown is the date the icloud storage system copied them in Photos, not the day i took the picture.

Could you please help me.

What i basicly need is: Download or copy the photos from somewhere so i can have the date I took the photo and then sort them by that date in an external folder in finder.

THANKS A LOT GUYS!!!

Regards

Fernando

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 1:02 PM

4 replies

Jul 5, 2015 1:14 PM in response to farandi00

There are two parts to this answer:

1. When you open the Photos app on your Mac, choose the photo, and then control-(or right-) click on the photo and do "Get Info", you will see something like this:

User uploaded file

Are you saying the date and time shown in this area are wrong?

2. If so, you can use Photos' menu to correct the date and time. Simply choose Image > Adjust Date & Time.

Jul 5, 2015 1:24 PM in response to sberman

Hi!

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I have checked what you told me, and the date and time in photos is correct. I have tried copying it directly, and is not a good option as it only copies the thumb version. I have tried exporting it, but the date of creation and modification is today and the time i have exported it.

You know how can i copy them from photos and keeping the correct date?

Thanks a lot!

How to download photos from icloud to a folder keeping the date it was taken?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.