Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPrint capability HP 6835

Is a HPwireless Officejet Pro 6835 compatible (AirPrint) with a Macbook Air?

Have been told that Apple does allow HP (AirPrint) feature? True or False?

Note-Just became a Mac user. Good by Windows.

MacBook Air, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 12:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 12:46 PM

Yes - It works fine with Apple Air Play

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02623193

Welcome to the Mac community!

5 replies

Jul 5, 2015 1:20 PM in response to sinoue

Thank you for your quick reply. Now Paul Harvey "the rest of the story"

My neighbor just bought one for a brand new Mac table top unit and a HP Officejet Pro 6835. It will print directly from the table top but his or my iPhone cannot connect to the Printer (no Printer found). All printouts and tests from the Printer shows good connectivity and is set up properly. He did download software from HP.

He finally called Sam's technical support, where he bought it, and was told that according to their latest information on that printer, "Although HP says it is AirPrint compatible Apple does not allow it work"?

I know you gave me a HP website to see compatible Printers and this one is on the list. But, has anyone in the Apple Community heard that it is even possible for Apple to prevent this AirPrint feature?

Jul 5, 2015 5:56 PM in response to sberman

Thank you for this suggestion.

I have an update on my neighbor's HP Pro 6835 (No Air Printer found).

He called me just before I received your response and told me his wife was able to access the air printer on her Apple iPhone5.

I then went online to the HP website on problem solving and read your suggested article on -If you receive a message "NO PRINTER FOUND".

I believe our best option is to see what settings, which Wifi, etc, that she has on her iPhone and set up his to the same configuration.

Also to make sure we have complied with the 5 possible solutions stated in the article you recommended.

Once we get the printer working as it should my neighbor is going to make it a point to call the Technical Representative at Sam"s to tell her she was wrong about Apple doing something that will not let HP printers perform the AIR PRINT function.

Again, thank you, both responders, for your speedy suggestions.

I know I am going to enjoy the Macbook Air section on this forum in the future when I have any questions that need to be answered about my New Macbook Air.

AirPrint capability HP 6835

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.