Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop Family Sharing in-app purchases

I am the organizer of a family. Today I said OK that another member could buy gems in Clash of Clans via in-app purchase.

That person had to enter the password for his Apple ID. Then money was drawn from my credit card.

Now, I approved this purchase. But now I'm a bit worried that my credit card could be maxed out if other members of the family makes crazy in-app purchases and only has to enter their own passwords!?

Is there a way for me to confirm each and every purchase?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 2:42 PM

Motley Mac, You can activate "Ask To Buy," which works as follows:

The family organizer can turn on Ask to Buy for any family member who isn't an adult. When a family member initiates a new purchase or free download, a request is sent to the organizer if Ask to Buy is on. For example, this could be a request for items in the iTunes, iBooks, or App Store, In-App Purchases, iCloud storage, or Newsstand subscriptions.

The organizer can review the item and make the purchase or decline the request right from their own iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 8 or Mac with OS X Yosemite. If the family organizer makes the purchase, the content will download automatically to their family member’s device. If it's declined, no purchase or download will take place.

For details, see this document:

Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2015 2:42 PM in response to MotleyMac

Motley Mac, You can activate "Ask To Buy," which works as follows:

The family organizer can turn on Ask to Buy for any family member who isn't an adult. When a family member initiates a new purchase or free download, a request is sent to the organizer if Ask to Buy is on. For example, this could be a request for items in the iTunes, iBooks, or App Store, In-App Purchases, iCloud storage, or Newsstand subscriptions.

The organizer can review the item and make the purchase or decline the request right from their own iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 8 or Mac with OS X Yosemite. If the family organizer makes the purchase, the content will download automatically to their family member’s device. If it's declined, no purchase or download will take place.

For details, see this document:

Request and make purchases with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

How to stop Family Sharing in-app purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.