Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I updated to iOS 8.4 and set up fingerprint unlock last week and now my battery dies twice as fast. which is the culprit and how do I undo it?

Last week I updated my iPhone 5 to iOS 8l4 and also set up fingerprint unlock on it. Since doing these things, my battery is dying twice as fast. Which is the culprit and how do I undo it?

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 12:58 PM

It has nothing to do with either of them. Touch ID does not use enough battery power to make a difference. An upgrade to a new iOS will not necessarily make a difference although you may find may people disagree. The problem is with your individual device. You will need to troubleshooting your device to see what the issue is. You can go to Settings>General>Usage>Battery usage to find out what applications are using the most battery. You may need to reset you device to try and stop any stray processes, or try restoring to a backup.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

If those do not help, then restore as new and test without adding any content back. If after a period the battery seems to be acting normal, then sync your content back. If it does not help, then make a Genius Bar appointment to have the hardware checked.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2015 12:58 PM in response to d7bandow

It has nothing to do with either of them. Touch ID does not use enough battery power to make a difference. An upgrade to a new iOS will not necessarily make a difference although you may find may people disagree. The problem is with your individual device. You will need to troubleshooting your device to see what the issue is. You can go to Settings>General>Usage>Battery usage to find out what applications are using the most battery. You may need to reset you device to try and stop any stray processes, or try restoring to a backup.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

If those do not help, then restore as new and test without adding any content back. If after a period the battery seems to be acting normal, then sync your content back. If it does not help, then make a Genius Bar appointment to have the hardware checked.

I updated to iOS 8.4 and set up fingerprint unlock last week and now my battery dies twice as fast. which is the culprit and how do I undo it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.