Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot delete iCloud backup. Now iCloud is only 544 MB?...

Talked with Elijah of Apple Support and another representative. Both could not figure out how to solve this issue but basically my iCloud storage is full but I can’t seem to remove this “backup” it lists… it’s frustrating because now it has rendered my iCloud storage useless.

Steps that me and the Apple people have already taken:

1. Boot on and off device after logged out of iCloud
  2. Signed on to iCloud.com to see if backup is listed there (and it is but you can’t delete it).
  3. See if backup can be deleted through iPad settings> iCloud >manage storage (and nothing is listed as being there other than word documents that take up 18mb of space…)

So, as you can see this is a problem. My promised 5GB of free space has now turned into 544 MB of free space. I have read many other threads on here that talk about the same scenario. Please Apple fix this issue because this is ridiculous. 5GB is already small enough as it is, but to have it lessened even more? This is not acceptable.

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 1:39 PM

6 replies

Jul 25, 2015 3:41 PM in response to limefreak386

So here's what I discovered in regards to this...

I upgraded to the ios 9 beta recently and apparently a backup didn't complete in full. Due to this, the system created a "ghost" backup that was taking up space in my iCloud account. With the recent ios 9 beta 4 update, it let me clear the incomplete backup through the device's manage storage menu. I was very elated to see that Apple has listened to its customers complaints.

If anyone else has this problem I'd suggest to upgrade to iOS 9 beta or the full version when it comes out and try to delete the backup when running it.

Jul 25, 2015 3:45 PM in response to limefreak386

limefreak386 wrote:

So here's what I discovered in regards to this...

I upgraded to the ios 9 beta recently and apparently a backup didn't complete in full. Due to this, the system created a "ghost" backup that was taking up space in my iCloud account. With the recent ios 9 beta 4 update, it let me clear the incomplete backup through the device's manage storage menu. I was very elated to see that Apple has listened to its customers complaints.

If anyone else has this problem I'd suggest to upgrade to iOS 9 beta or the full version when it comes out and try to delete the backup when running it.

That is the nature of Beta software. People trial it and report issues. But they need to be reported where the user agreed to on downloading and installing. There will always be glitches with Beta software. This is not the place to discuss it though. Try here Developers Forum

Cheers

Pete

Cannot delete iCloud backup. Now iCloud is only 544 MB?...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.