Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

greenish tint in photos on cloudy days?

I've noticed a green/blue tint on almost all photos taken on cloudy days -- which, I just discovered, I can get rid of by editing & selecting "revert to original" (without actually doing any editing). So I surmise there is some misdirected auto "feature" that turns things green on cloudy days (colors are fine on sunny days). What might that be? What do I want to turn off (or on)?

TIA, Pete Tillman

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4, MBP, OS 10.10.3, Photos 1.0

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 1:44 PM

5 replies

Jul 5, 2015 4:55 PM in response to modular747

Just to be clear, the problem is only with this phone camera. The photos are blue-green viewed on the phone screen, and can be brought back to normal with a null edit, as described in first post. No flash. Photos look normal in the "viewfinder" when I take them.

Earlier-model iphone photos, and photos from other cameras, are unaffected. Only this phone, a 5S updated with current software, has the problem

Jul 6, 2015 6:48 AM in response to Pete Tillman

I'm not aware of a bulk edit capability, but there might be apps in the app store that can do it. I know of such a program for Windows, but that doesn't help much here.

There's an indirect way, however. Edits made on the iPhone do not alter the original image; they create an "XMP" (Extensible Metadata Platform) file with the same file name but type .AAE that contains the edits. If you import the .jpg files to a Mac or Windows computer without the .AAE files the edits will be left behind. See: What to expect when you import edited photos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to your Mac or PC - Apple Support

Many people see this as a defect; it your case it may be a feature.

greenish tint in photos on cloudy days?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.