Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I need to have an itunes account to download google chrome

I've just got an ipad. I want to put Google chrome on it.

I went into the apps store, hit get and install, and the first thing I need to do is set up an iTunes accounts, read 47 pages of terms and conditions, and then give my credit card details.

I have no interest in iTunes, and I'm certainly not giving Apple my credit card details unless and until I want to buy something.

So how can I get chrome without lodging my credit card with Apple?

And now I fond that there aren't any suitable forums available to me yet. So who can I ask this basic question to?

iPad Mini

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 2:28 PM

1 reply

Jul 5, 2015 11:13 PM in response to dmhcaspian

To download anything from the App Store, iTunes store or iBookstore (or Mac App Store on a Mac) you need an iTunes account - all content that you download will be permanently tied to that account.

To create an account without giving credit card details follow the instructions on this page : Create an iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store account without a credit card or other payment method - Apple Suppor…

Why do I need to have an itunes account to download google chrome

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.