Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

font book does not show fonts

Hi dear readers!

I have a problem and I am relatively new with font book. I used Fnt Agent but that doesn't work anymore on Yosemite.

I made a detailed list with font catogaries: 1910's, 1920's 30's until now, orders by clients and by style: 'cartoonesque', 'Exotica', Futuristic' and so on. About 30 categories.

Over time I have downloaded so many free fonts, and I had this kind of library in Font agent, works perfectly well if you work with deadlines.

Now I started dragging fonts into Font Book from users > User Draax > documents > Fonts Draax - all to the categories I wanted them to be in.

Unfortunately, many of them don't appear in the Font Book collections at all. When I drag a font folder or try to import one trhough the Font Book Interface, it shows it is thinking of getting the job done - but the font never appears. Font book is very very slow as well.

I already did the trick with the caches, the safe mode restart and the sudo atsutil datbases -remove trick.

Didn't do anything.

What do I need to do? Does anyone know the trick?

thanx!

Martin

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 1:51 PM

4 replies

font book does not show fonts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.