Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer info from shared iCloud to solo icloud

I Have had a shared iCloud with my parents and brother for awhile. I just created my own, individuals iCloud since I received an iPad as a gift. Is there a way to get my messages sent to my iPhone onto my iPad, as well as my photos and contacts moved to my new iCloud account? I have the iPad set up on my solo icloud, but my phone is linked to my family iCloud.

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 1:33 PM

1 reply

Jul 7, 2015 12:54 PM in response to Kdhamilton

Greetings Kdhamilton,

It is possible to forward individual messages from a conversation to a different iCloud account. See this article -

Send messages with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

In particular the section titled How do I forward a message?

Regarding pictures and contacts, the easiest way to transfer these to a new account would be through a computer. Pictures you can import to the computer and then use the iCloud web interface to move them to your new iCloud account. See this article -

OS X Yosemite: Share photos and videos with your family

Contacts will be somewhat easier in that you can export them and import them as a whole rather than individual contacts. This article explains how to export contacts from iCloud -

iCloud: Export contact information as a vCard

This article explains how to import those contacts into your new account -

iCloud: Import a vCard

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Be well,

Brett L

Transfer info from shared iCloud to solo icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.