Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 4s black screen when sim inserted

Bought an unlocked iphone 4s, reset using itunes, and restored as a new phone with all my WIFI, icloud etc. all worked fine. Turned phone off, inserted my sim and screen went black, it was still powered and after ten minutes was very hot. I tried resetting buttons etc, no good. plugged back into itunes and it all showed on the laptop but still black screen. Took sim out, reset factory settings with itunes, still nothing. two days later plugged into charger and all worked again. went through set up process, placed SIM in and its went black again. Cant get it to work and its just hot now. I assume that it should work again in a few days when it drains and I charge it again. Could this be a battery issue? why is the sim creating the problem? 😕 PS it has updated to the current IOS 8.4, but behaved the same on its older version on first start up.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 3:35 PM

4 replies

Jul 5, 2015 3:52 PM in response to danielfromhinckley

I will visit the store as soon as I can but difficult to get too.Just tried it on line but because I bought the phone from someone else the phone is registered to them! so it wont recognise the serial number as belonging to me! nothings ever easy!!!

I have just plugged it back onto itunes to get the serial number of it and the battery has gone from 100% down to 24% in a mtter of 30 minutes.

Thanks for the advise.

iphone 4s black screen when sim inserted

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.