Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Partition Issues

I am having a few issues that I am fearing may be major.

I cannot resize any partition in any way, shape, or form. I can't even create new partitions. I can visibly create them but when I reload Disk Utility nothing has saved. I have tried to do this in the recovery mode and I have no luck.

What led to this happening was I was deleting a bootcamp partition but my laptop died. So what I'm thinking is that it possibly corrupted the drive data. I have a 500 Gb hard drive but ever since this happened I lost nearly half of it. I have reset the computer to factory settings with no luck. I have no clue what to do on this. I just bought this laptop a few days ago and I haven't spent a very large amount of time actually using it because I've trying to handle this.

It is a 2011 15.4 Inch MacBook Pro.

2 GHz i7

4 GB Ram

Intel HD Graphics 3000

I also dot have the Lion boot disc or whatever it is..

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 2:06 PM

There are no replies.

Partition Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.