Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to access iPhoto Library after "upgrading" to OS X 10.10.4

After "upgrading" to OS X 10.10.4 on my macbook Air, I cannot open the migrated iPhoto /library. I have tried suggestion on support site and tried to find iPhoto 9.6.1 in app store as well as trying to open from purchased list. No luck.Any guidance?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 4:08 PM

7 replies

Jul 6, 2015 6:30 AM in response to amrogin

Sorry you're not very clear to me there.

The instructions for updating are:

Go to the App Store and check out the Purchases List. If iPhoto is there then it will be v9.6.1

If it is there, then drag your existing iPhoto app (not the library, just the app) to the trash.

Install the App from the App Store.

Sometimes iPhoto is not visible on the Purchases List. it may be hidden. See this article for details on how to unhide it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4928

One question often asked: Will I lose my Photos if I reinstall?

iPhoto the application and the iPhoto Library are two different parts of the iPhoto programme. So, reinstalling the app should not affect the Library.

BUT you should always have a back up before doing this kind of work. Always.

I'm not sure how you know there are items missing from the Library if you can't open it?

Jul 6, 2015 11:27 AM in response to amrogin

iPhoto not available in App Store. hopefully Apple will recognize the problem and make it available again. Thanks for the help.

iPhoto is no longer sold at any AppStore and that will not change. It is no longer developed.

You can only update iPhoto by reinstalling a version you already purchased.

So, what are you seeing on the Purchases pane of the App Store? If iPhoto is showing, but the button next to iPhoto is not saying "Install" you still have a version of iPhoto installed somewhere that needs removing, to change the button to install.

Unable to access iPhoto Library after "upgrading" to OS X 10.10.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.