Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you remotely erase stolen iphone 5s

HI new to this forum

had my iphone 5s stolen yesterday with no luck locating it through find my phone is there anyway it can be remotely erased by myself or apple store to protect my personal data, photos etc also how do i check if my photos are saved to icloud any help for this novice greatly appreciated thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 2:37 PM

5 replies

Jul 5, 2015 3:16 PM in response to Smclarenf1

If you turned on"Find my iPhone" BEFORE it was stolen, you can send a remote erase command that will take effect as soon as the iPhone connects to the Internet. The following is a C&P from the iPhone-6 user manual:

To use Find My iPhone features, Find My iPhone must be turned on before your iPhone is lost. iPhone must be able to connect to the Internet for you to locate and secure the device. iPhone sends its last location prior to the battery running out when Send Last Location in Settings is turned on.

Use Find My iPhone. Open the Find My iPhone app on an iOS device, or go to www.icloud.com/find on your computer. Sign in, then select your device.

Play Sound: Play a sound at full volume for two minutes, even if the ringer is set to silent.

Lost Mode: Immediately lock your missing iPhone with a passcode and send it a message displaying a contact number. iPhone tracks and reports its location, so you can see where it’s been when you check the Find My iPhone app. Lost Mode also suspends the use of your credit and debit cards used for Apple Pay (iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus). See Apple Pay on page 130.

Erase iPhone: Protect your privacy by erasing all the information and media on your iPhone and restoring it to its original factory settings. Erase iPhone also removes your credit and debit cards used for Apple Pay (iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus). See Apple Pay on page 130.

Jul 5, 2015 3:16 PM in response to Smclarenf1

The Apple Store cannot remotely erase it for you. The following has information and some recommendations on what you can do: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen - Apple Support

If you had iCloud Photo Library turned on, you can view your photos by using a computer to log in to https://www.icloud.com/ and click on Photos there.

If you weren't using iCloud Photo Library but were backing up to iCloud, you won't be able to view the contents of a backup but if there is a backup you can use it to restore to a new iOS device.

Can you remotely erase stolen iphone 5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.