Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extremely Slow Download on iMac

We recently built a new home and had fiber installed, connected to a wireless system throughout the home. We can stream through Apple TV, utilize our iPads and have no problem with my MacBook Pro. However, our 21.5 inch iMac simply crawls on the wifi as if it were dial-up. I am currently doing an erase and reinstall of Yosemite but it tells me it will take 45 HOURS to download Yosemite......on fiber.

I'm currently working next to the iMac on my MacBook Pro and the wifi works perfectly fine. Any suggestions on what the problem might be with the iMac? Take your time, however, it will be TWO DAYS before I can install the new OS and reboot the machine. (Unless you can help me otherwise!)

Thanks.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 3:56 PM

1 reply

Jul 5, 2015 10:04 PM in response to Kalen H.

Might be corrupted network preferences.

On the iMac (when you can), open the Finder. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following:

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

Click Go then move all the files in the SystemConfiguration folder to the Trash.

Restart your iMac then click the AirPort icon in the status menu bar top right side of your screen. From the drop down menu select your Wi-Fi Network.

See if that makes a difference.

Your Mac will generate a new SystemConfiguration folder for you.

Extremely Slow Download on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.