Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a G4 that died, but the hard drive is still good.

I found an enclosure for the IDE hard drive, but when I connected the hard drive to my iMac by the USB port, the hard drive isn't on the desk top and Migration Assistant also doesn't find it, although there is a slight vibration of the enclosure, what I believe means that the hard drive is spinning. The OS on the hard drive is 10.4.11, and I have Yosemite on my iMac.

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Thanks for your help.

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 3:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 4:00 PM

1. Check the settings in the General tab of the Finder’s preferences. If that doesn’t work, choose Utilities from the Finder’s Go menu and see if the Disk Utility sees the drive, and if so, whether it’s black or gray.

2. The Migration Assistant in Yosemite can’t migrate data from 10.4.11.

(129754)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2015 4:00 PM in response to Alex Arnett1

1. Check the settings in the General tab of the Finder’s preferences. If that doesn’t work, choose Utilities from the Finder’s Go menu and see if the Disk Utility sees the drive, and if so, whether it’s black or gray.

2. The Migration Assistant in Yosemite can’t migrate data from 10.4.11.

(129754)

I have a G4 that died, but the hard drive is still good.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.