Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BIG problem with new iPhoto

I have just downloaded the latest update of OS X Yosemite ( I have an iMac 2013). It did not download all of my photos. As a matter of fact - I have lost hundreds of photos that I was going to use for eBay listings.. as well as ancestral photos !. As reported by everyone else. I cannot access the old iPhoto. I tried the solutions listed here- however, in my App purchases - it lets me access all " but" the iPhoto. I am unable to "copy" it - delete it or anything at all. Subsequently, I cannot reinstall. I have looked everywhere and find no solutions. All the rest of the App purchases can be accessed. I have attempted to download older additions older iPhoto apps and that doesn't work...HELP!!!!

I also tried to copy the files but it will not allow me any access to my photos. The photo category has also disappeared from the file & download sidebar.. What gives..???

I am VERY upset. This is a decade of genealogy work to say nothing of the business aspect. ( By the way, I personally hate the new photo app.... I see no advantage for the iMac and it is visually quite bad.

Could someone please help me???

Thank you,

Jeannie

iMac with Retina 5K display

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 4:44 PM

7 replies

Jul 5, 2015 5:15 PM in response to Rysz

Thank you, I appreciate it. However, it will not " allow" me to move the app purchase into the trash, As a matter of fact, it will not register anything at all when my mouse clicks on the " open" or on the insignia..... Nothing.. All the rest of the purchases are somehow able to be worked with. I did have iPhoto 9.6.1 .

Jul 6, 2015 1:36 PM in response to jkane3333

Thank you all for your suggestions, I had tried to delete the file from the applications folder as well many times..Finally, it worked.. Restarted & then accessed purchases ( no change noted there - but it did immediately download the iPhoto again. As you said, the photos were there....

Just a note: Out of the 647 photos, the new application only transferred 88 !!!!

Definitely am not a fan of this app... Additionally, I gad gad the latest edition of iPhoto prior to the update.

Thank you all again for your consideration.

JK

BIG problem with new iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.