Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

where are my drum patches

I was wondering if anyone could help me with the Drum Kit Designer. When I open Drum Kit on a track and open the menu in the instrument I only have the SoCal kit and the Portland kit, I have the content downloaded and can see it if I open the library, but I don't want to load the patch from the library.

LPX is really buggy for me since the Yosemite upgrade, I am hoping someone can suggest a remedy for this problem.

Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 3:54 PM

28 replies

Jul 5, 2015 7:02 PM in response to mbsg

Yes, that confirms it...

So, try the following initial step to see if this fixes it..

You can resolve many issues by restoring Logic Pro X back to its original settings. This will not impact your media files. To reset your Logic Pro X user preference settings to their original state, do the following:

1. Quit Logic Pro
  2. In the Finder, choose Go to Folder from the Go menu.
  3. Type ~/Library/Preferences in the "Go to the folder" field.
  4. Press the Go button.
  5. Remove the "com.apple.logic10.plist" file from the Preferences folder. Note that if you've programmed any custom key commands, this will reset them to the defaults. You might want to export your custom key commands before performing this step.
  6. Restart the Mac

Note: If you cannot find any of the files listed, you did not follow the instructions exactly as written! 🙂

Jul 5, 2015 7:33 PM in response to mbsg

Rats...

Ok.. Is this a normal, standard installation of Logic Pro X... not involving any migration or transfer from another Mac?

Is everything relating to Logic and it's content... installed to the System Drive and not any external drives?

If so.. try the following...

Create a new Admin User on your Mac...... and then check logic Pro X out using that....

If it's a 'non standard' installation.. that might be at the root of the issue somehow....

where are my drum patches

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.