Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps crash after ios8.4

i got ios8.4 and ALL my apps crash within a minute of using them, and then later they don't open at all. I've turned off and turned on my phone and this solves the problem only forna few minutes. I've also held the lock and home button to reset it, but the issue is still present. I am using an iPhone 6 plus. Disappointed to see an issue like this on the latest model

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 5:55 PM

1 reply

Jul 7, 2015 2:32 PM in response to kanu123

Hi kanu123,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that after installing the latest version of iOS, 8.4, you are having issues running your applications on your iPhone. If this behavior is with all of your apps, including the ones that are built in the software, you may need to reinstall the operating system.

To complete this process, please follow the steps outlined in the attached article below.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

1. Connect your device to a computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, you can borrow one, or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
  2. While your device is connected, force it to restart. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding until you see the Recovery mode screen.
    User uploaded file
  3. When you get the option to restore or update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data.
    User uploaded file

iTunes will download the software for your device. If it takes more than 15 minutes, your device will exit recovery mode and you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3 again.

Best regards,

Joe

Apps crash after ios8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.