Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

About iMac being hacked

I know my iMac is hacked. The people at Apple don't believe me. I have been on the phone with them, mad several trips to the Genius Bar at the Apple store I can't count how many times the system was re-installed. It still is hacked. When I look at the Activity Monitor I can see there is constantly someone using the identity of root. At first this hacker hijacked my keychain fortunately I never had any passwords saved. Apple tech helped me to reset the keychain. Next someone messed with my email. Next the hacker changed my background and duplicated the dock so I had 2 docks. This hacker was trying to setup a network and also tried to hack my laptop which runs windows and my husbands pc who also runs windows. If somebody out there know how to read programming language, i know just very little I took some courses in basic and php programming. Please I can paste some of the monitoring on here if you can tell me exactly what this hacker is doing I can explain it better to the Apple techies. They think I am a women I am making this all up. I know even who did this. I had dropped my iMac of at a repair shop to install Windows 7 via bootcamp? This hacker also installed himself a network which I wrote down the name of and later I deleted it we deleted the whole partion and windows but the partion never really disappeared it always came back and that is where he hids out. Please let me know if you can read code and I'll paste it.

thanks so very much if someone can help me with this.

lorepeter

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 7:16 PM

8 replies

Dec 12, 2017 5:40 AM in response to lorepeter

if you think your Apple ID has been compromised see this link:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204145

You may wish to change your Apple ID log/pass with a complex password you don’t use for anywhere else.

If you share the same or similar log/pass combo with another service (e.g. Yahoo, Twitter, Facebook, etc.) and that service is compromised then anyone with that information simply needs to try the same combo elsewhere

To change your Apple ID password see this link:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/KM205079

To Change the Email associated with your Apple ID see this link:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202667

To change the payment information in your Apple ID see this link:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201266

Dec 12, 2017 6:04 AM in response to KiltedTim

Yes. I was. I could even see the hacker’s browsing activity in my history. I had my computer wiped by the Apple store. Messages were sent from my computer. A custom Bluetooth DUN was remotely installed for continuous internet access after I marked all of my network access utilities inactive. They deleted files and added them at will. My computer was remotely hacked as well as every other smart device that ever used my home network.

Dec 12, 2017 7:29 AM in response to Comet.24206

Nope. Didn't happen.

You can't provide any proof, or even strong evidence that it did.

Repeatedly spouting the same ridiculous accusations in every thread you can find that might be remotely related to your paranoid fantasies serves no purpose at all.

If you truly believe you have the evidence to back up your allegations, then contact the FBI.

Dec 12, 2017 8:42 AM in response to Rudegar

Rudegar wrote:

for many people there is no real difference between, malware, popups, spam mails(phishing) software bugs, periodic hardware malfunctions and being hacked or having a virus. they get a bad experience and the human mind like to look for patterns and add associations and give labels.

Yes, and that's a problem. It's important to educate people on what's actually happening, likely to happen or even possible. If someone persists in believing that their hardware has been compromised when it's far more likely that their account was hacked, they are going to be trying to solve the wrong problem. They will become increasingly frustrated and they will still have a vulnerability.

And, of course, that human tendency to see patterns in random noise leads susceptible people to believe a problem exists where it doesn't.

About iMac being hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.