Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unsuccessful iOS 8.4 update, iPhone 6 not functioning

I just tried to update iOS 8.4 on my iPhone 6. When hooking the phone up to iTunes on my Windows computer, it said there was an update, so I followed the procedure. the phone is connected via cable to the computer. Now I'm stuck--a picture of a cable with an arrow pointing toward the iTunes logo, on the screen of my phone. No indication of the phone connection to iTunes. The phone is not functioning now. What to do?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 4:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 4:50 PM

Something went wrong with the download and installation of the update and your phone went into recovery mode. Now it needs to be restored using iTunes. If iTunes isn't recognizing the phone and you are still connected to the computer, try this.

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

2 replies

unsuccessful iOS 8.4 update, iPhone 6 not functioning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.