Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

turn off icloud photos if I don't like it

I would like to try out iCloud photo library. But if I don't like it, can I then just turn it off, and then everything is back to normal, with a photo stream etc.?

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 5:14 PM

1 reply

Jul 7, 2015 2:34 PM in response to ahostmadsen

Hello ahostmadsen,

After reviewing your post, it sounds like you want to know more about turning off iCloud photo library. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Get help with your iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

How do I turn off iCloud Photo Library on just one device?

You can turn off iCloud Photo Library for a single iOS device when you go to Settings > iCloud > Photos and turn off iCloud Photo Library.

You can turn off iCloud Photo Library for a single Mac device when you go to System Preferences > iCloud > Options next to Photos, then uncheck iCloud Photo Library.

If you have Optimize Storage turned on, you might not have all of your original photos and videos on your device. To download the original photos and videos, select Download and Keep Originals. Then you can turn iCloud Photo Library off. You can also download items you’d like to keep using the Photos app on iCloud.com.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

turn off icloud photos if I don't like it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.