Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Won't Sync

I dread any time that I need to sync my iPod touch 5th generation to my macbook. At first it was making copies of songs I purchased in iTunes store on my iPod so that when I tried to sync, it would be suddenly be too full of memory to complete the sync. I would have to delete all music on my iPod to get it to finish syncing. Then it started to "grey" out all my music that was not purchased in iTunes store, and the only way I could get all my music to sync would be to keep all my iCloud and its functions off on my device. Now with the latest update, it won't complete the sync regardless of anything I do. Over the past several months, I have had to reset my iPod more than a dozen times. I reset it twice tonight and it won't complete a sync. I've been patient but that patience is fading fast.

WHAT DO I DO?!

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 8:29 PM

4 replies

Jul 6, 2015 5:12 AM in response to monocart

If not this:

iTunes won't sync new music onto iPhone 6 after iOS 8.4

Then, not knowing what reset you did in " I have had to reset my iPod ",

- Unsync/delete all music and resync

To delete all music go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Manage Storage>Music>Tap edit in upper right and then tap the minus sign by All Music

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Jul 6, 2015 7:46 AM in response to lllaass

It's not that it won't sync new music on. It won't complete the sync in my iTunes. I just continues in step 6 of 6 indefinitely. I've let it go for hours and it still says it's complete step 6 of 6. So that when I cancel the sync, the only music on my iPod touch is music that I have purchased in iTunes store.

The way you suggested I reset my iPod is the way that I have reset in the past. Normally it works, but last night I tried it twice and it did not fix the probelm. I still can't finish a sync in iTunes when I try to put any of my music back on it after the reset.

iPod Won't Sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.