Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 12.2.0.145 won't recognize ipod classic - even though ipod screen says it's connected.

I just plugged in my ipod classic (120gb) for the first time after upgrading to 12.2.0.145 and itunes will not recognize it at all. The ipod says it's connected and to eject it before disconnecting, but it's impossible to eject it when it doesn't register in itunes at all.

Is my only option to wait for a patch or uninstall the current version? I had no issues at all last week.

iPod classic (120 GB), Windows 7

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 5:00 PM

2 replies

Jul 7, 2015 2:37 PM in response to vanguard98

Hello, vanguard98.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

I understand that your iPod is not recognized in iTunes. Since you are getting the alert to not disconnect, try ejecting the iPod with the steps below.

If your iPod doesn't eject

If the iPod display continues to indicate that it shouldn't be disconnected, use the method below to eject your iPod:

Windows

1. Windows XP and Windows 2000: Double-click My Computer.
    Windows Vista: From the Start menu, click Computer.
  2. Right-click the iPod icon.
  3. From the shortcut menu, choose Eject.

How to eject an iPod

Since the device is not recognized in iTunes, manually instal Apple Mobile Device Support. Start with the section labeled Verify that the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is installed > Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 > If the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is not listed > Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8.

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows

Cheers,

Jason H.

itunes 12.2.0.145 won't recognize ipod classic - even though ipod screen says it's connected.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.