Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Photo Library isn't syncing between desktop, iOS, and iCloud.com

I have 2 MacBook Pros (15" 2014), 2 iPads (one 1st generation, and 1 iPad Air), and 1 iPhone Plus and am having terribly inconsistent synchronization problems across devices and platforms. Below is a grid that shows the list of album names and the number of pictures and/or videos that show up on each respective location. An "M" denotes that the album is completely missing and the album name doesn't show up at all. Both laptops are running Yosemite and all iOS devices are running iOS 8.4.

Ignoring iCloud.com (which is incredibly problamatic), below is a summary of the issues:

• Album 3 and 4 only show up on iPad 1 and are now where to be seen on any other device.
  • Album 6 shows 323 photos on the laptops but 324 images on all iOS devices.
  • Album 8 only shows up on iPad #2
  • Album 16 only shows up on iPad #2

When factoring in iCloud.com, things get even more odd:

• Album 1 and 3 both show up with the same images and image count, but have a comletely different album name. (I have simplified them to #'s here, but for example, if the album is called "Album 1" on the devices, then it shows up as "Album XYZ" on iCloud.com.)
  • Album 6 has a different album name ("Album JKL") on iCloud.com but only has 8 images vs. 324 and 323. (At first I thought this was a completely different album, yet the thumbnail image for this album matches the same thumbnail across all other devices.)
  • Albums 7-23 and 25-27 are completely missing on iCloud.com
  • Album 28-39 only show up on iCloud.com but do not show up on any other device.

What is the deal here? I could live with a couple of small discrepancy's in image count, but these problems point to a more persistent problem that has me greatly worried about the stability of my files.

Thoughts?

User uploaded file

iPad Air, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 7:52 PM

There are no replies.

iCloud Photo Library isn't syncing between desktop, iOS, and iCloud.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.