Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 plus microphone issues

I have changed 3 iPhone 6 Plus phones in the last 1 month. There seems to be some kind of microphone issues with these phones. When I'm on the phone I can hear them but the other party can't hear me. Anybody have similar issues?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 7:23 PM

7 replies

Jul 5, 2015 8:30 PM in response to poplintos

Sounds like you may need to look at environmental issues or software issues coming from your backup. It is highly unlikely that 3 Iphone 6 pluses would all have the same issue.

Test the mic with Voice Memos.

If you can hear the voice than the mic is fine.

Im leaning towards crashing apps that pertain to the phone app.

You need to restore your device and setup as a new phone.

This will remove all data from the phone.

You can bring in your contacts by logging into your Apple ID during setup.

DO NOT restore from a backup because clearly your backup has an issue.

It will continue to come back if you do.

Jul 5, 2015 9:14 PM in response to bryan.vance

Thanks for your reply, Bryan. Yes, highly unlikely but definitely possible. The probability is 100% if it happens to you, as it did to me. I tested the mic with voice memos. It worked ok. I took the iPhone to the Apple retail store in Cerritos, CA. They tested my phone with their our equipment and according to them it "passed". However, when they called my iPhone they encountered the same issue that I have been saying. All these "tests" are useless. The iPhone is brand new, has only factory installed apps. We did not restore from any backup, it has been setup as a new phone. Apple retail store has replaced the phone every time I went there. Not sure how long this will continue.

Jul 5, 2015 9:24 PM in response to poplintos

They are doing this to appease you.

This does not solve your issue.

The diagnostics are pretty definitive.

They test the mics and speakers and take software out of the equation.

It could be carrier related on your end or the caller's end.

There are only a handful of issues a problem can be.

Hardware - Passed diagnostics

Software - Setup as new

Environmental / Carrier / Perception

Aug 30, 2015 1:45 PM in response to poplintos

I am having the same problem. First iPhone 6 plus the mic wouldn't work when speaking to Siri or Voice to Text. ATT replaced the phone.

New phone's mic stops working after you have been on a phone call for a few minutes. It is not a dropped call, you can hear the other person. Switch to speaker phone and it works fine.

I also know another person having a similar problem. Both of us have a Lifeproof Nuud cellphone cover.

He was told to turn off Noise Reduction option in Accessibility. It hasn't helped either of us.

What type of case do you have. I don't understand how the case would play a part, but grasping at straws.

SLH

Apr 7, 2016 11:39 PM in response to shood1024

I am having this same problem. I have had so many problems with my 6 plus. This is (I think) my 3rd or 4th replaced phone. Now I'm having a problem (again) with the microphone. I'll be chatting with someone and then all of the sudden they can't hear me. If I put it on speaker, it works. Ugh. I don't want to go back to get yet another phone! Apple Care was a smart purchase for me with this phone!

iphone 6 plus microphone issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.