Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to sync music manually onto iPhone from iTunes?

After downloading iTunes 12.2 and signing up for Apple Music, I have been having trouble managing my iPhone's music library from iTunes.

I can no longer drag and drop music from my iTunes library to my iPhone library. It gives me the error message: "Some of the files were not copied to the iPhone “Jason Mientkiewicz’s iPhone” because iCloud Music Library is enabled on this iPhone."

More importantly, I can't delete music that was already in my iPhone library from the iTunes tab. As far as I can tell, there's no way to delete music from my phone at all. I used to sync music manually and I never had it set to sync automatically or sync checked items. When I try to delete music from my iPhone using the new "Music" app (the new release, with the rainbow and white icon), it tells me that my only option is deleting it from iCloud, which would delete it from all my devices. All I want to do is delete music from my iPhone, ONE device, but am completely at a loss. Thanks for any advice.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 7:35 PM

2 replies

Jul 5, 2015 8:28 PM in response to Limnos

Firstly, I'd hope they wouldn't do that because I'd have to depend so much on Wifi/data to get my music. There's offline storage in Apple Music so that you're not constantly using bandwidth, I'd imagine.

But the big problem is that there's all this music I synced already that's taking up huge amounts of memory on my Phone that I cannot get rid of (I describe this in the first post.)

How to sync music manually onto iPhone from iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.